Saturday 24 March 2012

Recycling Kate Middleton style

You may have seen it; you may not. Britain’s national treasure Kate Middleton is constantly in the public eye and her recent outfit choice has caused a bit of a stir in the press.

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a Reiss dress to her first public speech at a children’s hospice in Suffolk. No surprises there, Kate loves a bit of high-street with her favourites being Zara and Reiss. The surprise however comes from the fact that her Mum wore it first, way back in 2010.

The future Queen is not immune to a spot of recycling; wearing outfits again to oppose the usual lifecycle if high-end fashion. But this form of recycling takes it to new heights.


Who wore it best? Kate Middleton last week at her first public speech at a Suffolk Children’s Hospice or Carole Middleton at the Ascots in 2010.

Many have criticised or found it shocking that she has chosen to wear her Mother Carole Middleton’s dress and styled it very similar to how she wore it the Ascots in 2010. The very fact I am blogging about it shows how much it has caused a storm but should it really? I can’t help but think a dress like that for both occasions worn by Mother and daughter were styled appropriately and really there was many other ways to do it. Also with a country in recession, if she wore a new dress people could hardly complain yet we all know people would find a way to criticise. I think it shows a lot about Kate Middleton. Despite having the Crown Jewels of Monarchy in her close future she stays grounded to her roots. And that connection between Mother and daughter is strong which I think is brilliant to see.

If I’m honest I love a lot of pieces in my own Mum’s wardrobe. I often wear her jackets she seems to have another wardrobe of coats and I have been know to completely wear my Mum’s clothes on a night-out.

So I think we should all applaud her for being proud enough to wear clothes again that her Mum was first snapped in and secondly the very fact that I have blogged about it shows maybe we should wake up fashion should be about the clothes and not so shocking that a Princess has worn her Mother’s dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment